Buy Michigan made products and support your local businesses
You can support our local economy by purchasing goods and products that are grown, crafted, and manufactured in our region. When you buy goods made by local workers and craftsmen your money stays in the community. The businesses you support in turn pay local workers, pay local taxes, use local services and contribute to the community in a variety of ways.
- Shopping local creates and retains jobs, and jobs keep residents in Metro Detroit area instead of having to relocate.
- Dollars spent locally generate more tax revenue for local city services.
- Small local businesses are usually the largest employer nationally and in our community, provide the most jobs to residents.
- Dollars spent in town tend to stay local, helping to sustain and grow our economy.
- Non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller business owners than they do from large businesses.
- Local Detroit businesses support the many organizations, including churches, nonprofits and schools, which are vital to our community.
- Doing business locally saves gas and time. It’s the “green” thing to do!
- Local businesses stand behind their services and products. They want to protect their reputation and they know that word-of-mouth is an important part of their business. You can reach out and touch somebody to solve the problem
- Shopping locally can also provide you an opportunity to get to know your local business people better, to see friends and associates.
- Part of the fun of buying local is the discovery that comes with exploring a neighborhood on foot. If you hit the streets and wander into a store you have never seen. Finding a treasure you have never would have even thought of buying.
- Buying local food means there is less time between when your food was harvested and when it gets to your table.
- Local foods are more nutritious: food loses vitamins and minerals as it ages.
Where we shop, where we eat and have fun — all of it makes our community home. Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of this place.
When we shop at locally-owned businesses, our money is re-circulated over and over and creates more tax revenue for our communities and state. Independent businesses raise the standard of living in our communities because they take their profits and buy products and services from other local businesses, thus creating more and more tax revenues needed for the community to thrive. So when you log on to the computer to buy something think again. Drive down to our local cities like
Any of the local strip centers have lots of little stores that need your business. Did you know that? Only 18 cents of every dollar, when buying at a large supermarket, go to the grower. 82 cents go to various unnecessary middlemen. Cut them out of the picture and buy your food directly from your local farmer.
It is a tough economy and everything we can do to survive in this market will help our family, friends, and co-workers around us.
search Northville homes for sale