6 Home Selling Tips – Farmington Hills Real Estate
If you want your Farmington Hills Real Estate to be sold quicker and get sold for more money, here are 6 Farmington Hills home selling tips to do just that.
1) Make the Most of that First Impression
2) A well-manicured lawn, neatly trimmed shrubs and a clutter-free porch welcome prospects. So does a freshly painted – or at least freshly scrubbed – front door. If it’s autumn, rake the leaves. If it’s winter, shovel the walkways. The fewer obstacles between prospects and the true appeal of your home – the better. Find a landscaper or painter to help.
3) From Top to Bottom display the full value of your basement, garage and other utility space by removing all unnecessary articles. Dark, dull walls are easily brightened with a coat of paint. If the basement or crawl space has a damp smell, place a bag of limestone in the damp area.
4) Check Major Appliances – drain a pail of water form the heater to remove rust particles and change the filter on the furnace. A little oil corrects noisy attic or appliance fans. Be sure to clean the exterior of the water heater, furnace and other appliances that will be seen by prospective buyers.
5) Repairs are Required – if closet doors are off their tracks, door knobs are loose, screen doors don’t close, faucets are dripping or floor or ceiling moulding is cracked. Minor flaws in your house suggest neglect to the prospect. have them fixed so you can get top dollar for your house.
6) Many introductions are distracting – Have as few people as possible in the house when it is shown. This puts the prospective buyer at ease and gives him a chance to absorb clearly the advantages of your property. Most people like dogs but they distract attention. if you have a pet we suggest you keep it out of the way, preferably out of the house.
When you get ready to sell your Farmington Hills home, let me be your realtor to help you make it a little bit more easier. I will be happy to give you suggestions and recommendations that you may not have thought of. I can be reached on my cell on (248)310-6239.
Search Farmington Hills foreclosures and homes
Do not let somebody else get the best home deals. Join my Foreclosure VIP club and get the newest lakefront foreclosures and the newest lakefront listings emailed to you daily.
farmington hills mi