When selling your home whether it is a Metro Detroit home or a home in Wayne County, Oakland County, or Livingston County you need to pay attention to the rules.
There are unwritten rules to follow when selling a Metro Detroit home.
- Have a clean and neat home. When your home is dirty, beds unmade, clothes laying around it gives Michigan home buyers a bad impression. Sloppiness turns Michigan home buyers off. They feel if you haven’t taken the time to clean up to sell your house that you probably haven’t taken care of your home.
- Let the light in. Turn on the lights, open the shades. A dark gloom house won’t sell as well as a home that is bright and cheery. You want people to see all of your house.
- De-clutter the home. If nic-nacs are all over on the shelves, table tops it looks messy. Get rid of the junk and make your house seem uncluttered. Again a neat house will sell quicker than one that is full of junk and clutter table tops and counter tops.
- Get rid of the smells. I can’t tell you how many times Michigan home buyers turn to me and ask me what that smell is. I don’t know what it is but home buyers spend less time in a house that smells. Keep that wet dog outside, don’t smoke in the house. Don’t cook spicy dishes. Air the house out. Open the windows and the garage. Even gasoline smells in the garage turn home buyers off. Buy a chocolate chip scented candle or any lightly scented candle. But the best thing to do is too air the house out and eliminate the source of the odor.
- Temperature. Are you rushing people out of your Metro Detroit Home? You want Michigan home buyers relaxed and comfortable in your home. Keep the house at a good temperature. A Michigan home that is too cold or too hot will make the potential home buyer not spend as much time in the house. They will be too busy shivering or fanning themselves to pay attention to the house. If they are happy to get out of your house that is not a good thing!
For more tips on “how to buy a bargain Michigan home” or ” home negotiating tips” or more Michigan Home selling tips or Michigan home buyers tips go to my websites www.RussRavary.com Click on the contact me button above and email me to show you how to prepare your home for sale.
Sometimes the best lake homes sell in less than a week. Click the button below to get the newest lake listings so you do not miss out on the great deals.